Saturday, June 13, 2009

Recipe of the Week - Healthy Pancakes!

This recipe is absolutely great! I was craving some pancakes this morning and decided to search for a new recipe instead of using the standard ones I always have. I'm so glad I did! It never occurred to me to use flax eggs in pancakes, but I think it made all the difference.

The ingredients, including my few tiny changes:

Dry:
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3 tbsp raw sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
**Mix the dry ingredients well and set aside.**

Wet:
1 1/2 cups soy milk
2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water
3 tbsp natural apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract

**Mix together the wet ingredients and add to the dry. Mix gently until the dry ingredients are just moistened. There should be some lumps remaining in the batter.**

I only had to use a bit of oil in the pan to make these. They're light, fluffy, and great with vegan butter and pure maple syrup! Makes about 7 medium-sized pancakes.

Yum!

No comments: